********** Please Note **********
The frequently recommended supplements listed below are not recommended for everyone. They are merely a list of the supplements that I recommend so frequently that I put them all on a list. Seek my advice or that of another qualified nutrition professional before taking these or any other supplements. Now, to save you the hassle of shopping around to find the highest quality supplements for the best value (and remember, a cheap vitamin is worth what you pay for it). WE NOW OFFER A COMPLETE LINE OF ORTHOMOLECULARTM NUTRITION PRODUCTS THROUGH OUR OFFICE.
Patients may order Ortho Molecular Supplements online and receive free delivery.
Patient registration and order placement instructions in PDF.
Commonly needed vitamins/supplements:
In addition to supporting bone health, vitamin D plays an important role maintaining cardiovascular health and immune function, and promoting an overall sense of well-being.
Methyl B12 includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins: B12 and folate. This comprehensive blend helps support numerous systems in the body.
Niacin slow release
Time Release Niacin includes powerful support for cardiovascular health. This formula is a unique sustained-release tablet which allows for maximal benefit with minimal side-effects.
Reacted Iron includes high-concentration, gentle iron to support energy production and a variety of other protocols.
Fish Oil (omega 3)
– EPA:DHA RATIO 6:4 or 8:2. 1,000–4,000mg daily of Omega 3. Natural anti-oxidant that lowers fat in the bloodstream, for heart and brain health. A higher ratio of EPA to DHA is available for more effective lowering of bad cholesterol particle number.
Orthomega Select EPA is a powerful omega-3 concentrate that supports cardiovascular health and balanced blood sugar levels. It also provides high-intensity support for joint discomfort and muscular-skeletal integrity.
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is the most prevalent, naturally occurring hormone in body. DHEA functions as the counterpart to the stress hormone cortisol. Healthy DHEA levels help balance the catabolic effects of cortisol.
The amino acid L-arginine is a substrate for the biosynthesis of nitric oxide, a powerful cellular-signaling compound that helps blood vessels to relax. This amino acid is a potent promoter of cardiovascular and circulatory health.
The antioxidant CoQ-10 supports cell energy production and provides wide-ranging cardiovascular support.
Calcium and Magnesium
– for bone health and nighttime muscle relaxation. Usually taken in 2:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium, e.g. 1000mg:500mg for women’s bone health. Magnesium alone, as Magnesium Oxide or “Natural Calm” a powdered “hot drink” to take at bedtime, is often a great calmer and muscle relaxer for bedtime use. Selenium 400mcg daily, anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, glucose control.
Reacted Cal-Mag includes three forms of highly absorbed calcium and magnesium for a variety of protocols.
Chia Seed black
– grind in coffee mill, mix with yogurt, sprinkle over cereal, etc. Drink lots of water!
Flax seed, psyllium seed
– Meta-mucil, Fiber-con, etc. Oatmeal—not the pre-sweetened, packaged kind!
– a chemical found in broccoli and cruciferous vegetables which helps the production of “good estrogen” in women (and men). Helps hormone balance and protects against some forms of cancer… especially colon.
EstroDIM provides the combined power of vegetable metabolites I3C and DIM in an easy-to-take capsule. These metabolites work together to support estrogen balance and breast and prostate health.
– for estrogen and menopausal issues, supplements that contain black cohosh, dong quai (Angelica), and soy protein can help; such as “Estroven” brand. For added progesterone to balance hormone levels, help PMS. Natural creams such as “Restored Balance” brand are good.
Femarin is a well-balanced formula that provides targeted support for a comfortable menopausal transition.
Saw palmetto extract, stinging nettles root extract and pygeum bark extract support prostate health in different ways. Their combination in a single formula creates a synergistic effect.
Varicose Veins / vascular issues / hemorrhoids
VesselMax is formulated with a blend of nutrients that support the integrity of health veins and promote efficient vessel function.
Anti-inflammatory / Anti-oxidant
The InflammaCORE drink mix provides wholesome macronutrition and the proper base of nutrients to help maintain a normal inflammatory response.
Ortho Biotic includes a carefully assembled cast of probiotic organisms to support microflora balance and maintain a healthy environment for vitamin uptake and optimal immune function.