Vitamins & Supplements
Dr. Kunz’s Frequently Recommended Vitamins & Supplements:
– for bone, connective tissue health, and possible protection from chronic diseases. 2,000 international units/day or 15,000 IU/week
In addition to supporting bone health, vitamin D plays an important role maintaining cardiovascular health and immune function, and promoting an overall sense of well-being.
– for mental energy and neurological health. 2,000-5,000mcg daily, lozenge or drops. Sublingual (situated beneath or on the underside of the tongue) 1,000mcg = 1 mg.
Methyl BIZ includes a concentrated and bioavailable source of two key B vitamins: BIZ and folate. This comprehensive blend helps support numerous systems in the body.
Niacin Slow Release
– lowers bad lipids and increases “good” cholesterol. 500mg daily up to 2,000mg daily. To reduce ﬂushing, take with apple juice, eat a low fat snack, take one 325mg aspirin 1 hour prior.
Time Release Niacin includes powerful support for cardiovascular health. This formula is a unique sustained-release tablet which allows for maximal beneﬁt with minimal side-effects.
– In addition to the iron we carry, I recommend Ferro-Sequels. For a milder dose that is less likely to cause constipation, “Hema-Plex” a vegetable-based iron/multivitamin by “Nature’s Plus” brand.
Reacted Iron includes high-concentration, gentle iron to support energy production and a variety of other protocols.
– EPA:DHA RATIO 6:4 or 8:2. 1,000-4,000mg daily of Omega 3. Natural anti-oxidant that lowers fat in the bloodstream, for heart and brain health. A higher ratio of EPA to DHA is available for more effective lowering of bad cholesterol particle number.
Orthomega Select EPA is a powerful omega-3 concentrate that supports cardiovascular health and balanced blood sugar levels. It also provides high-intensity support for joint discomfort and muscular-skeletal integrity.
– 25mg daily Women, 100-200mg daily Men. Improves sex hormone balance.
Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is the most prevalent, naturally occurring hormone in the body. DHEA functions as the counterpart to the stress hormone cortisol. Healthy DHEA levels help balance the catabolic effects of cortisol.
– 500mg with each meal. Improves circulation and blood ﬂow in all organs.
The amino acid L-arginine is a substrate for the biosynthesis of nitric oxide, a powerful cellular-signaling compound that helps blood vessels to relax. This amino acid is a potent promoter of cardiovascular and circulatory health.
– 100mg-200mg daily. For cardiac protection and those on cholesterol-lowering “statin” drugs.
The antioxidant COO-10 supports cell energy production and provides wide-ranging cardiovascular support.
Calcium and Magnesium
– for bone health and nighttime muscle relaxation. Usually taken in 2:1 ratio of Calcium to Magnesium, e.g. 1000mg:500mg for women’s bone health. Magnesium alone, as Magnesium Oxide or “Natural Calm” a powdered “hot drink” to take at bedtime, is often a great calmer and muscle relaxer for bedtime use. Selenium 400mcg daily, anti-oxidant, anti-inﬂammatory, glucose control.
Reacted Cal-Mag includes three forms of highly absorbed calcium and magnesium for a variety of protocols.
– a chemical found in broccoli and cruciferous vegetables which helps the production of “good estrogen” in women (and men). Helps hormone balance and protects against some forms of cancer… especially colon.
EstroDIM provides the combined power of vegetable metabolites I3C and DIM in an easy-to-take capsule. These metabolites work together to support estrogen balance and breast and prostate health.
Natural Herbs for Women
– for estrogen and menopausal issues, supplements that contain black cohosh, dong quai (Angelica), and soy protein can help.
Chia Seed black
– grind in coffee mill, mix with yogurt, sprinkle over cereal, etc. Drink lots of water!
Flax seed, psyllimn seed
– Meta-mucil, Fiber-con, etc. Oatmeal—not the pre-sweetened, packaged kind!
Want To Know What We Can Do For You?
Contact us and let's discuss it.